Most standards follow a similar number format.
- ABC is the organization that developed the standard
- D is a broad subject category (not always present)
- 123.56 is a document/standard number
- 07 indicates the standard was approved in 2007
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standard
- B44.2 (covering maintenance of elevators and similar devices)
- Edition issued in 2010.
You might also see:
ABC D123.56-95 R07 where the 1995 standard was reviewed in 2007 and determined that no changes were needed.