Distance Learning Library Services
Distance Learning library services are offered to students registered in Conestoga College online delivery course(s). OntarioLearn students must be registered directly with Conestoga College for service eligibility. OntarioLearn students registered at other colleges should contact their respective college’s library for service information.
What Options are Available to Distance Learning Students?
- Access the Library's large collection of online resources, including eBooks - your PIN for off-campus access is the last 4 digits of your student/staff number.
- Research assistance is available via phone, email and chat.
- Digital scanning of library items in print that meets Fair Dealing guidelines (e.g. one book chapter) is also available. Complete the online form if scanning is required. Documents will be sent to your Conestoga email within 2 - 4 business days.
Borrowing, Returning & Renewing Books
Distance learning students must live in Ontario and at least 50 kilometers away from a Conestoga campus in order to be eligible to borrow print books via our courier service. Students living under 50 kilometers from a Conestoga location can arrange to pick up items at the closest campus. We ask those living within the Region of Waterloo to borrow items in person at our Doon, Cambridge or Waterloo Campus Library locations.
A Distance Learning online form must be completed for all requests.
- Print books with a 14 day borrowing period are eligible for this service
- A home address and phone number are required for delivery. Note: our courier will not deliver to a post-office box.
- Allow approximately 3-5 business days for processing and shipping - the Library covers delivery and return costs.
- The Library must receive returned materials by the due date indicated on the slip provided or fines will be applied.
- You are responsible for the return of borrowed items using the mailing label provided - instructions will be included with your shipment.
- Maximum of one renewal per item allowed if a hold has not been placed.
- To renew items, please contact the Library by phone or email.