You are responsible for all items signed out on your Conestoga Library account. Fines for late items are calculated according to the rates below:
Borrowing Periods & Fines
- 14 Days: $0/day (replacement costs apply if damaged or not returned)
- Recalled items returned late will be charged a fine of $5.00/day to a maximum of $50.00.
- 1 Day: $5.00/day to a maximum of $50.00
- 2 Hours: $1.00/hour to a maximum of $50.00
- Unreturned, lost, or damaged items will be charged the replacement cost.
Fines can be paid with debit, VISA, Mastercard, or ONE Card Condor Cash. We are unable to accept cash for fines.
Note: Late fines are charged based on days the Library is open.
Reminders are sent advising when items are late. Items not returned after the third notice are handled by Conestoga’s Finance Department.
Library privileges are blocked when there are outstanding materials or fines on your account. College transcripts, certificates, diplomas and degrees are withheld by Conestoga until all outstanding accounts are cleared.
If you have concerns regarding late fine charges on your account, please complete the Library Services Late Penalty Appeal Form.