All Conestoga Library locations are closed due to COVID. Items currently borrowed from the library are now due August 28, 2020 and fines will not accrue during this period.
You are responsible for all items signed out on your Conestoga Library account. Late items are calculated according to the rates below:
Borrowing Periods & Fines
- 14 Days: $0.25/day to a maximum $25.00
- 1 Day, 3 Days & 7 Days: $5.00/day to a maximum of $50.00
- 4 Hours: $1.00/hour to a maximum of $15.00
- 2 Hours: $1.00/hour to a maximum of $50.00
- Late items with holds will be charged a fine of $5.00/day to a maximum of $50.00.
- Unreturned, lost or damaged items will be charged the replacement cost, plus a $20 processing fee.
Fines can be paid with debit, VISA, Mastercard, ONE Card Condor Cash, or via our *Food for Fines nonperishable food donation initiative. All food donations go to the CSI Food Bank. We are no longer able to accept cash for fines.
*Some restrictions apply. Food donations cannot be used to pay for Course Readings fines or the replacement cost of lost material.
Note: Late fines are charged based on days the Library is open.
Reminders are sent advising when items are late. Items not returned after the third notice are handled by Conestoga’s Finance Department.
Library privileges are blocked when there are outstanding materials or fines on your account. College transcripts, certificates, diplomas and degrees are withheld by Conestoga until all outstanding accounts are cleared.
If you have concerns regarding late fine charges on your account, please complete the Library Services Late Penalty Appeal Form.