If a book is currently signed out, you can place a hold on that book so that when it is returned, it will be set aside for you.
- You will receive an email notifying you when the book is ready to be picked up
- Books will be held at the Library's Research and Information Desk for 3 days.
How to Place a Hold
- Search for the item using the Library's homepage search tool.
- Look for the "Place Hold" link in the record for the item. This only appears if a book is currently signed out by someone else.
- Click the Place Hold link.
- On the resulting page titled "Place Hold / Request Delivery to a Campus", enter your Student ID and PIN, and select the campus library where you want to pick up the item.
- For delivery to campuses without a library, select the link next to the Pick Up dropdown, titled "Don't See your Campus?" You may also directly access the Placing a Hold / ntercampus Loan form for Campuses Without Libraries.