Booking and Appointment Policy
- Students are entitled to one scheduled appointment per week.
- A student's first appointment with Writing Services must be 25 minutes.
- The only appointments booked for 50 minutes are “Flow and Logic” appointments; these appointments are meant to look over a draft of a paper for organization, clarity, and coherence.
- All other appointments (Getting Started, Grammar, Reading Skills, Citing & Referencing) are booked for 25 minutes.
- Students may access drop-in as many times a week as they wish; however, students are limited to fifteen minutes of time per drop-in session, per day.
- Writing Consultants will not edit or proofread a paper; they will not fix errors for a student, but will instead discuss concepts and problems so that that that student can become a better writer.
- Writing Consultants will typically choose to review a paper no more than two times in order to ensure that Academic Integrity is upheld.
- Writing Consultants will not assist with quizzes, tests, or exams.
- Writing Consultants will not write a paper for a student, in part or in whole, and will use their discretion to maintain this boundary.
- All work must be related to your success at Conestoga.
- We do not promise to get through everything in one session, so please plan accordingly.
- While we provide feedback to help you improve, we will not ensure your work is perfect.
If you know you will be late to an appointment, please call to let us know as soon as possible. Otherwise,
- for 25-minute appointments, you will be marked as a no-show if you are later than 5 minutes.
- for 50-minute appointments, you will be marked as a no-show if you are later than 10 minutes.
- students who have had 3 no-shows per semester will be required to meet with the Manager of the Writing Service before any further bookings.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, we require 24 hours’ notice so your appointment time can be opened to other students.
- If you do not show up for your appointment, you will be marked as a no-show.
- Students who have had 3 no-shows per semester will be required to meet with the manager of the Writing Service before any further bookings.
In order to adhere to academic integrity,
- the author of the paper must be present in the session.
- all authors of a group paper need to be present in a session.
- Writing Consultants may choose to end any appointment if they have reason to believe a student has brought in work that is not their own.
Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to be active participants in the session.
- All participants are expected to be respectful of each other, the space, and the service’s policy, as well as Conestoga College’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Writing Consultants may choose to end any appointment if a student is perceived as being rude, disruptive, disrespectful, or abusive.
Please be advised that failure to adhere to our policies can result in refusal of service.