Your step-by-step guide to maintaining Academic Integrity
Whether you’ve received an incident or would like to avoid any in the future, these steps will help you with academic integrity and your academic success.
Step 1: Complete the Academic Integrity Modules
Academic Integrity Modules.
- All students who receive a warning or offence must complete the assigned modules.
- Sign into eConestoga.
- Select Academic Integrity Modules.
- Complete module 1, 2 & 3.
Step 2: Seek Academic Support
Meet with a
- Request a tutor to help you with understanding course material; they are able to support you with questions around course-specific content.
- Form a Study Group.
Book an appointment with a Writing Consultant.
- Writing consultants are experts in all stages of the writing process.
- Get help with APA referencing.
- Learn grammar and editing strategies.
- Get help with organizing your ideas, and more.
Book an Appointment with a Student Success Advisor.
- Student Success Advisors can assist you with finding academic integrity resources and connecting you to supports, direct you to all necessary resources and services. They can also help with basic learning skills, like note taking and study strategies, time management, exam preparation, and identifying your learning style.
- All appointments with Student Success Advisors are drop-in.
Maintaining Academic Integrity Workshop (1.5 hrs).
Sign up for the
Register for any of the following workshops through the Co-Curricular Portal. These workshops go on your Co-Curricular Record.
- Learn how to reference properly using APA format.
- Learn when and how to quote, and learn effective paraphrasing strategies.
- Learn how to read your research, develop your paper, and revise your paper.
Step 3: Understand Your Warning or Offence
Academic Integrity Website.
- Find your incident and learn how to avoid it.
Student Portal page.
- Click “My Courses.”
- Click “Academic Incidents.”
Meet with your
- Ask your faculty to explain.
- Discuss strategies on how to avoid this in the future.
Academic Integrity Team.
Meet with a member of the
- Book an appointment with a member of the Academic Integrity Team to get help understanding academic integrity and strategies on how to maintain it.
Student Success Advisor.
Meet with a